The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading the HR department and developing strategies around workforce planning, talent acquisition, performance management, leadership coaching, organizational design, training and development and employee engagement, that directly support business growth and the company’s strategic goals.
- Conduct an audit of the company’s current HR programs and practices and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Develop and implement HR programs in consultation with senior management and in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- Formalize and implement our performance management and employee development program and where necessary, work with and coach managers on the establishment of employee goals and preparation for review meetings.
- Formalize employee onboarding and exit processes and document associated insights and trends on exits so as to better manage retention.
- Work with senior management on creating a thoughtful and effective diversity and inclusion program.
- Keep up to date with occupational health and safety regulations as it pertains to the company and implement programs as needed.
- Lead the creation of an employee engagement and recognition program.
- Maintain HR policies and procedures handbook, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws.
- Lead initiatives and implement best practices to maintain a healthy and productive work environment, such as career coaching and development planning, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, and hiring and retention strategies to attract and keep talented employees.
- Develop a sound external recruitment strategy and build and implement an internal recruiting and referral engine so as to reduce recruitment costs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business model, competitive landscape and the strategies and goals of each business unit. Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key department leads to understand needs in order to assess and forecast talent needs and develop and implement a talent plan that ensures the organization has the right resources to deliver on business goals and a sustainable talent bench to support business growth over several years.
- Ensure all strategies and programs follow appropriate employment laws, company policies and sound business practice.
- CHRP and/or CHRL designation.
- 5+ years of experience leading HR initiatives and programs and working with senior management on understanding talent and HR needs.
- You need to have experience going through the hypergrowth phase of tech companies as a leader of HR team, specifically from 50 people to 150 people.
- A strong knowledge of Canadian HR practices. Knowledge of US HR practices is a strong asset.
- Experience with organization culture change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions that balance both HR and business objectives.
- Experience administering benefits program.
- Experience in navigating difficult and sensitive situations with exceptional results.
Who You Are
- Results-oriented and is excited by the idea of creating and executing an exceptional HR program.
- A self-starter and the ability to work independently and with other stakeholders collaboratively.
- Someone who acts with the employee experience top of mind while balancing business considerations.
- Can easily build rapport with employees and management and maintain business relationships based on trust and respect.
- Exemplary communication ability, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively influence. Experience in public speaking or presenting to an audience is an asset.
- A leader that models humility, acts with integrity, and fosters inclusion in all facets of work.