The Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist plays a key role in supporting and maintaining our software products and ensuring customer satisfaction. In this position, you will provide direct support to AsendFS customers. This role demands a balance of technical skills with good customer communication abilities. This role could be remote or based in the Toronto office depending on candidate preference.
• Provide Tier 2 technical support services to customer on a shift scheduled basis via phone and/or remote support.
• Maintain rapport with customers by examining customer issues, identifying solutions and suggesting improved methods and techniques.
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
• Must be flexible in scheduling. Evenings and weekends are required.
• Support operations and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
• Demonstrate and train customers on all facets of the system.
• Provide on-site technical service and game/event day support for our Tier 1 customers as required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Some technical background and basic understanding of various computer technologies.
• Ability to travel freely between the US and Canada
• Proven ability to work in a small, fast-paced, results oriented company
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team environment
Nice to Have
• Knowledge of Amazon AWS
• Knowledge of credit card payments/ecommerce systems
• Experience with raffle, gaming or sports betting systems
• Love of sports
Why work at Ascend?
Founded in 2008 as “Gaming Nation" our online gaming/lottery fundraising platform has been used by some of the world’s most notable sports franchises and their partners including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, CFL, PGA, NCAA and NASCAR.
Today, as Ascend Fundraising Solutions our platform is now also being used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as the Special Olympics and United Way. We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations bring their fundraising online, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases and achieve record donor revenues.
Our world record setting 50:50 draw for the Edmonton Oilers Foundation generated over $14 million in donations in one day! It also broke our platform - but we’re stronger for it and can take that hit at any time now.
We’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $800 million on our platform to date, but with online gaming/lottery-based fundraising still a relatively unknown category in the U.S. we’re only just getting started.