Are you an experienced Paid Media Manager? Do you live and breathe digital advertising? Have you always wanted to run paid media campaigns from the ground up and rapidly expand into a large new market? Does campaign strategy and telling a compelling story excite you as much as helping to drive business results? Are you at your best when you're starting early in an untapped market? If you’re a builder at heart, expressive by nature and are driven by data and customer insight, then read on.
Ascend is looking for an experienced Paid Media Manager to join our mission to become the global leader in online charitable fundraising solutions. Reporting into our Director of B2B Marketing, you will help us build the category and position Ascend as a thought leader and premier brand via a comprehensive Paid Media program. We have strong Canadian success behind us, and your role will focus heavily on our expansion into the U.S. market where online gaming-based fundraising for not-for-profits is still in its infancy and where awareness and education building will be key.
As a member of our growing marketing team, you will own our Paid Media strategy from planning through to execution and will be responsible for creating and running amazing and highly effective digital media campaigns. You will be expected to learn our audience and what motivates them. We will ensure that you are given the support and resources you need to make Ascend the undisputed leader in online charitable fundraising solutions.
The fundamentals are all in place so you can hit the ground running – Hubspot, Tagging and Tracking, Ad Accounts that are correctly setup on all the major ad platforms, along with the ability to track RoI for any campaign.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will be accountable for driving new customer acquisition via paid media campaigns while establishing Ascend as a dominant player in an emerging category. You are comfortable leading the development of a paid media strategy from an early stage to a market leading position.
You have been a Paid Media manager at a fast-growing company or agency for at least 3 years. Along the way you have demonstrated expertise in:
- Developing, executing and optimizing digital campaigns from conception to launch across a broad range of digital media platforms
- Conducting in-depth keyword and website research, ad grouping and audience targeting
- Running A/B and split tests to start out and then expand campaigns based on data and results
- Running multiple campaigns across different platforms and optimized collateral, spending, and ad buys
- Building high converting landing pages
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team and other stakeholders to create campaigns that address all stages of the customer journey
- Defining, measuring, and evaluating paid media KPIs and clearly communicating overall results to all relevant stakeholders
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate
We move fast, but we are smart about it.
• You thrive equally in strategy and execution.
• You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations.
• You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach
• You love to learn - about your craft and your own personal development as a marketing leader
• You get a rush when you’re super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land in a win.
• You would rather just try a new idea than spend days talking about it.
• You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
• You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
• You are passionate about helping charitable organizations raise money and increase their impact in their communities
Why work at Ascend?
Founded in 2008 as “Gaming Nation" our online gaming/lottery fundraising platform has been used by some of the world’s most notable sports franchises and their partners including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, CFL, PGA, NCAA and NASCAR.
Today, as Ascend Fundraising Solutions our platform is now also being used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as the Special Olympics and United Way. We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations bring their fundraising online, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases and achieve record donor revenues.
Our world record setting 50:50 draw for the Edmonton Oilers Foundation generated over $14 million in donations in one day! It also broke our platform - but we’re stronger for it and can take that hit at any time now.
We’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $800 million on our platform to date, but with online gaming/lottery-based fundraising still a relatively unknown category in the U.S. we’re only just getting started.
Our commitment to you:
• Organizational support and a servant leadership culture focused on helping you develop and progress as a marketing leader
• A team that is intellectually curious, dedicated, and has a willingness to get the job done
• Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term
• Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes
• Beautiful, downtown Toronto office with lake views and close proximity to transit
Work remotely for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.
Ascend Fundraising Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran disability or genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law in employment.