5–10 years full-time experience
Ascend Fundraising Solutions is a charitable gaming provider who works with foundations and non-profits across Canada, the United States and the UK. With over 500+ clients, we are the leading provider of raffle, sweepstakes and lottery solutions in the world.
Would you like to make charitable giving more accessible and help to make a difference in the world? We are looking for a forward-thinking and technically inclined individual to create promotional designs and execute on responsive website templates using WordPress and Shopify. This role will report into our Director of Creative and Design and be based in our Toronto office.
We are actively casting a wide net across North America and the UK to increase revenue for Charities and Foundations for the social good of all. Work hard, play hard, and overall have a lot of fun in our downtown Toronto, harbor front office. Please note that our team will be working remotely and transition to in-office as we reopen.
Ascend Fundraising Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We look forward to reviewing your credentials and getting to know more about your experience!
Ascend is looking for a talented freelance digital designer with a passion for social impact using their design and development skills. This individual needs to be thoughtful and creative, with an efficient work style. Including an understanding of HTML, CSS, design and typography principles, qualified applicants will need to strive to deliver promotional themed designs that meet various clients' brand standards.
Experience And Technical Skills:
• Formal training in Graphic Design with a 2+ year college degree.
• Experience with the latest web design, type and layout.
• Strong understanding of the WordPress style environment, installs, clones, backups, plugins, themes (required).
• Proficiency in WordPress development and HTML/CSS.
• Experience working in Shopify – Extra points if you know Liquid!
• Strong understanding of AWS and GitHub landscape.
• High proficiency of graphic language and workflow, artwork document set-up using and use of Creative Suite, Figma.
• Experience in web design with basic UI / UX.
• Experience with HTML, CSS.
• PHP, especially as it relates to WordPress.
• Experience with Google Analytics and Tag Manager set up.
• Strong competence in Figma, Adobe CC Suite, Keynote & PowerPoint.
Throughout the Day, You Would Be Responsible For
• Designing promotional graphics.
• Publish websites using our customized WordPress and Shopify website templates.
• Design emails and social media posts.
• Basic code edits.
• Troubleshoot and resolve template functionality issues.
• Improvements in process workflow.
• Liaison with adjacent teams to ensure timely deliveries of assets.
• High attention to detail.
• Team first attitude with an ‘all hands-on deck’ mentality
• A keen eye for design across disciplines & technologies
• Great communications skills both over the phone and in email
• Decision-making abilities, critical thinking skills with a self-starter attitude.
• Web, digital portfolio
• Ability to follow brand style guides.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently within project deadlines.
• Strong organization skills including maintaining job folders, documentation and design assets
Why work with us?
• You’ll be in a positive and encouraging creative team environment.
• Non-corporate, fun atmosphere.
• Small company feel with established, stable work environment.
• Clients are varied so there is always something new to look forward to.
• You’ll be making a ‘social good’ impact that can be rewarding.
• Smart-casual dress code.
• Robust health benefits.
• Generous PTO, plus standard bank holidays.
For consideration, please submit the following
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume (PDF)
3. Link to your online portfolio