WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2010, Ascend Fundraising Solutions online and in-venue fundraising platform and solutions have been used by some of the world’s most notable non-profit organizations such as United Way, Vancouver Canucks foundation, Canadian Olympic Foundation, Canadian Institute for the Blind, Kansas City Chiefs foundation , Boston Red Sox foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Thunder Bay Regional Health Science Foundation, Arizona Humane Society and many others.
We are disrupting the fundraising model by helping charitable organizations, raise funds by using our electronic raffle solutions, raise recurring donations, build on their donor datasets, build deeper engagement from their donor databases, and achieve record donor revenues.
As a leading provide of strategy and technology for 50/50 raffles, sweepstakes, and Catch the Ace raffles, we’ve helped over 500 charitable organizations raise over $1 billion on our platform to date, and we’re only just getting started.
Reporting to the Product Manager on our Product Management Team, you will be suggesting enhancements to improve user experience, performing quality assurance controls on Ascend FS suite of digital products, and coordinating with the technology department to deliver functional solutions.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in end-to-end project management. Your main responsibilities include gathering product requirements, prioritizing feature implementations, and improving overall user experience. Our ideal candidates should combine technical background with a Business Administration or Marketing degree.
Ultimately, you’ll work with internal teams to build products that fill gaps in market and increase customer satisfaction.
• Conduct research to identify customer need, market gaps and new offerings to bring to Ascend clients
• Work with product team and Ascend Leadership to help prioritize the implementation of new features and set specific timelines
• Liaise with all relevant departments to ensure proper advertisement and positioning of new products
• Own the creation of requirements for new products/features and work with departments to finalize and review with technology teams
• Work directly with Ascend developers to ensure that requirements are understood, and output is equal to expectations
• Monitor user feedback/reactions for new and existing products and features to create action plan for iteration
• Create support and training documents for internal and external users
• Participate in system configuration
• Work with product squads to analyze competition & any potential competitive gaps
Desired Skills and Experience
• 2 years previous work experience as an Associate Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager or similar role in software development
• Experience managing the entire product lifecycle
• Familiarity with market research, consumers’ behavior and marketing techniques
• Hands-on experience with web technologies, Word Press and Shopify is a plus
• Knowledge of project management tools, like Jira & Asana
• Strong time management skills
• Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate
• You are a self- starter, resourceful, and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations
• You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach
• You love to learn - about your craft and your own personal development
• You feel fulfilled when you’re busy and accomplishing the tasks at hand. You feel exceptionally fulfilled when your efforts land in a win
• You believe in taking action and are comfortable venturing outside of your comfort zone
• You believe in collaboration. You appreciate the value that can be exchanged with others by engaging with different departments
• You have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same
• You have a strong desire to evolve and build on your skillset
• You are passionate about helping charitable organizations raise money and increase their impact in their communities
WHY WORK AT ASCEND?
• Ascend is a market leader in the fundraising solutions sector and have a proven and highly regarded senior management team.
• A team that is intellectually curious, dedicated, and has a willingness to get the job done
• Opportunity to get in at the ground level and have a significant direct impact to the business in the short and long term
• Help grow a company that helps charities and NPOs fund their charitable causes
• Beautiful, downtown Toronto office with lake views and close proximity to transit
• Competitive compensation package, including your preferred hardware.
• Hybrid work environment
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to Sarah Esau, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2023.
AscendFS is committed to building and preserving an open, inclusive, and healthy work environment. We welcome all applicants to apply to join our team. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank you for your interest in working at AscendFS and we will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.